|Grand Slammers 2015|
So, added to my excitement of running Western States for the 3rd year in a row is the beginning of an epic adventure. An adventure that will challenge my mind, body and soul in ways I am unable to even imagine. Some call me crazy and possibly in need of medication, but for me this is living!
|Little WS training!|
|Photo c/o Joe McCladdie|
5 am start and what a day! The women's field was stacked; I placed 8th last year in a time of 21:44 and my PR was 20:28...my goal for today was sub 20 hours and a top 10 finish.
|Let's do this!|
|Enjoying the day!|
|Photo c/o Facchino Photography|
|Great pace Nan!|
|Refreshing dip in the river!|
|Not sub 20hr but moved up a spot to F7 and had a great day!|
- Velocity shorts aka bun hugger.....loved them!
- Fore Runner tank
- Patagonia wool socks; performed great in the heat as well as the water.
- Patagonia EVERlong; the toe box with the soft mesh on top was perfect for all the downhills.
- UltrAspire Spry; lightweight with a 1L reservoir
- Julbo Access Zibra lens; excellent for the sun and the shade as well as under a visor!
- Honey Stinger chews: great for about half of the race before they get too sweet.
- Black Diamond headlamp/ waist pack: I used the light only at my waist and it was perfect.
|Best partner ever!|