|Let's do this (pic confirms it, I am "lil" d)! Photo c/o Glen Tachiyama|
We had a crazy nice day for the Peterson Ridge Rumble 40 mi, blue skies, 32 degrees, sourrounded by local running peeps and a sane start time of 8AM as compared to the 4AM start of the Gorge 100k. Add this to sleeping in my own bed pre race night and BAM! The combo to a great race!
|Blue bird skies! Photo c/o Paul Nelson|
|Amazing trail, great company! Photo c/o Paul Nelson|
|Love running with Dar! Photo c/o Glen Tachiyama|
|Feeling the trail....and loving it! Photo c/o Glen Tachiyama|
Just past the point of the pic above....yup fall #3....what the hell! This time I was not quite unscathed, as it was superman style and downhill both shoulder sockets felt impacted and my quads raked across some rocks...one more spit....maybe 6 miles to go at this point...time to get er done and that I did. 11th overall and 1st female! A most excellent day out on the trails, how lucky am I!
|Flying across the finish line :) Photo c/o Animal Athletics|
So I will be thinking about this come Slam time (admittedly this was a very SMALL test)....What did I do right during my recovery?
- 3 days rest post Gorge 100k
- 2 of the 3 days spent at Recharge; recovery boots, ice/hot rotational soak
- Easy running with 1 strong 12 mile tempo run on the weekend in between races.
- And of course hydration, nutrition and rest.
- Patagonia Strider Short and Fore Runner Tank
- Ultraspire Spry 1L and 20oz handheld
- Julbo Trek with Zebra lens
Next up WS 100 the 1st of the Grand Slam races.....
Join me on my journey....See you in June!